Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pinterest Day



Once or twice a year, my pal Megan & I get together to create some of the things we've pinned on Pinterest.  It's nice to actually create some of the things we like in other people's homes and use them in our own.  What a fantastic concept!

I recovered an old bulletin board with a subtle chevron fabric and used some brass railheads from Hancock's.  I love the result!  This will eventually hang in our mudroom once that space gets finished up.



Megan used pages from a vintage book to craft a pennant out.  She penned "Noel" onto the pages and it now resides in her home on a mirror.  


She has way nicer penmanship than I.

I also made a noel sign (?) for our mantel.  I spray painted the N a glossy white, the E a metallic gold and wrapped the L in a twine.  


I also sprayed the bottom fourth of a vase in glossy white to add a bit more modern feel.  I think I need to add more white berries to the wreath, but I like how the mantel looks now:




It will hopefully look even better when I paint the funky yellow on the picture rail….


2 comments: